Monday, May 5, 2014

Ready or Not, Here I Come...

I have wanted to visit Spain ever since I fell in love with the Spanish language, (it's been a long time,)  & while I am ecstatic about going, I'll be honest in saying there's a little piece of me that finds this upcoming adventure completely daunting. But even more daunting than going to a country with a completely different language & culture is packing for a country with a completely different language & culture. Coming home from hot & sunny Florida to not-so-hot & not-so-sunny Pennsylvania not-so-bright me decided to bring only one pair of pants. (While I do consider myself a northerner, I have lived in Florida for quite some time & seasons are still a bit of a foreign concept to me.) I have been double & triple-checking the weather in Spain & keeping my fingers crossed I don't make the same mistake twice. The other extremely daunting aspect to this packing is fitting six weeks worth of stuff into one suitcase. While I'm stressing about all of this now, I'm sure two days from now this won't even matter. I can't wait to start my summer semester abroad!

No comments:

Post a Comment