Thursday, May 22, 2014

¡Viva Xátiva! Sometimes I Climb Mountains.

By far one of the coolest things I have done so far this trip/ever was visit el Castillo de Xátiva. The castle is located in the town of Xátiva, about a half hour train ride outside of Valencia. This was the first trip our little study abroad family planned ourselves, so there was a little getting lost involved after we arrived, but obviously we eventually made it to our destination. Xátiva is made up of many small mountains (which are still pretty big), so we had to walk very steep streets to get to the even steeper trails that took us up to the castle. Thankfully, the majority of us decided collectively to take an easy path up the mountain - but boy were some of the others impressively difficult! The castle itself & the views we saw from it were awe-inspiring; I couldn't possibly do them justice trying to describe them. I believe I read the castle was built sometime around 400 AC (anticristo), which absolutely blows my mind. My next adventure starts very early tomorrow morning - ¡Voy a París!

A View from on Our Way up the Mountain
(This is the Roomie)

El Castillo de Xátiva in all Her Glory

One of My Favorite Views from el Castillo

Bonus: the Sunset We Saw Leaving the Train Station in Valencia on Our Way Back

No comments:

Post a Comment